1. First I got my materials. You need: felt, sewing scissors, buttons and other decorations, fabric markers, pins, paper, pencil, floss, and stuffing.
2. Next I came up with a pattern and cut it out on paper.
3. Then I lined up two pieces of felt with the paper design on top of them and cut out the design on the felt using the paper pattern to show me where to cut.
4. Next I put designs on the pieces, like a mouth and things like that. ;)
5. I lined it up with the outside pieces facing each other and the inside pieces on the outside. (Inside Out!). Then I pinned it together.
6. This next step was the hardest. Next you have to sew the pieces together. Don't for get to leave a hole for stuffing! I used a blanket stitch that I learned in sewing class. You can find out what a blanket stitch by searching online or getting a book at the library about sewing.
7. Now for the stuffing! With the hole that you left you put stuffing in. use the eraser side of a pencil or a crochet hook (or another flat surface that will stick through the hole) to push the stuffing in.
8. Now you have to close the hole. I used the same stitch that I did in steps 4 and 5 (blanket stitch). Now you have a monster doll!! Enjoy. :) Here is a picture of mine.
When I researched I used this website (Add Some Paint) to help me figure out what to do.









This is Maggie Merlo. you may not remember me but I really like your monster doll that you made for your cousin.
ReplyDeleteFantastic job Ella!
ReplyDeleteLove this! Nice work, Ella.
ReplyDeleteYour tutorial and doll are both amazing Ella!
ReplyDeleteExcellent tutorial, Ella! And a very cute monster indeed!
ReplyDeleteI love your plushie! You could make a bunch and sell them for a little spending money.
ReplyDelete